Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yoga by the Pool

A couple of us went to Lululemon's free class taught by Liz Arch at the W Hotel in Westwood bright and early this morning at 9am.  It was a great way to wake up and kick off the day; one of the best free classes by Lululemon that I've been to.  Often the free classes just feel too short and aren't challenging enough, but this class was pretty good.  I'm not sure that I liked the martial arts moves that she incorporated into the class, but at least it was something different.  It was also nice to practice outside by the pool; even though it was a little chilly and overcast when we started, we warmed up quickly.  While the free mimosas and discounted brunch at the W were tempting, I had to go run a couple of errands so unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to take full advantage of the freebies.

After errands, W and I took advantage of my 30% off Blackboard Eats coupon and had brunch at Bite Bar & Bakery, which I visited a few weeks ago for lunch.  We had the seasonal egg souffle cup baked in their delicious croissant dough, the eggy bread sandwich and a chocolate croissant.  I really liked the seasonal egg souffle, it was soft and fluffy in the middle but surrounded by the nice, flaky and buttery croissant crust.  The eggy bread sandwich was interesting, like a french toast breakfast sandwich.  The filling could have been a little more interesting; it was a little dry, but I still enjoyed the few bites I had.  I really liked their croissant; it has a great crispy, almost burnt edge on the outside with millions of thin light and flaky layers in the middle without being overly buttery or oily.  I liked their brunch more than their lunch and I found it reasonably priced, particularly with the coupon.

Bite Bar and Bakery
3221 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA  90405

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...