Thursday, November 11, 2010

Meeting Ina Garten

I'm a big fan of Ina Garten, otherwise known as the Barefoot Contessa.  She's by far my favorite Food Network personality and I'm always trying out her recipes (like here, here, here and here).  I find her pleasant, natural, down-to-earth, with a great eye for style (like Martha Stewart) and her food is always tasty and relatively approachable in terms of ease of preparation.  She's the only Food Network personality that K. can even stand (he finds everyone else a little nuts, and I don't disagree); he likes her voice: finds it soothing.  Pretty much all my side dishes last Thanksgiving were based on her recipes and I'll definitely be making a few of them again this year.  I was so excited when M. told me about Ina's book signing at Williams-Sonoma on Montana Ave, just a few blocks away from where I live, so I knew I had to buy her newest cookbook, "How Easy Is That" for the chance to meet her for a signing.  The line was quite long, even though we got there before the signing started, and we were in and out of there pretty quickly, but we did get a quick picture with her (not shown) and an autographed book.  I have to admit, I was a little star-struck when I met her and was too tongue-tied to tell her how much I adored her, but that's ok.  She looks just as nice as she does on TV!
Long line; it was a really warm day and also Veteran's Day
Almost there
Really almost there
That's my book

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...