Thursday, June 20, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Messenger

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Messenger in Aubergine, 3.1 Phillip Lim x Uniqlo plaid dress, Swedish Hasbeens x H&M clogs and Prada sunglasses
Speaking of designer collaborations, Target's next collaboration with 3.1 Phillip Lim was announced a few weeks ago. I've always liked 3.1 Phillip Lim, I have several of his dresses and my very first Phillip Lim piece was this plaid dress from his collaboration with Uniqlo back in 2007. I like his clothes a lot, my only problem (at least with the pieces that I have) is that even the XS / 2 are a little shapeless and boxy on me.  Not sure if that's changed over the years, as I haven't bought anything from his label over the last few seasons. We'll see what he does with Target. I've admired the bags that he's released over the last few seasons, such as the Pashli Satchel and 31 Hour, but they don't really work well for me as they are a little too big and heavy for me to handle with a baby in my arms. The pashli messenger bag however, seemed to be possibly a good fit for my current needs, slightly more streamlined with the ability to stay hands free with the crossbody carry. I haven't really bought a handbag since the Balenciaga and I've been looking for something that I can use everyday casually that can withstand some abuse. It was sold out everywhere I looked online but I was able to track it down at Barneys on markdown. I think it still needs some breaking in; the leather is stiff and doesn't quite look as nice as it does in pictures online, but I do like the rich burgundy / eggplant color. I'm pretty sure it's a keeper, will just mull it over the next few days. My other obsession as of late is the Celine Trio, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to track it down on sale. Maybe in the winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...