Thursday, March 24, 2011

Target Go International Hall of Fame Review (Updated)

Update 4/12/11: So the collection went on sale in stores today and I picked up a couple of pieces at 30% off at the Jefferson location. The collection was 50% off at the other Culver City location but I couldn't find anything I liked. I also tried the Zac Posen polka dot, Proenza Schouler bustier as well as the Thakoon colorblock (again), but they all fit really strangely on me. All the pieces I bought were either 100% cotton or silk; I tried to stay away from the synthetic materials. I wish that the pieces I got weren't as sheer or as short, but I'll make them work with layers. What I ended up getting (all XS), worn with my favorite cozy Hue sweater tights (I swear they are warmer than jeans) and Opening Ceremony boots:
Rogan Leopard Print, 100% silk, comfy tunic / dress
Alice Temperley black shirt dress, simple but I always love ruffles
Libertine striped tunic (some hints of Prada S/S 2011)
Original post: I finally made it to Target on Tuesday to check out the Go International Designer Collective; a collection of some of the most popular pieces from the Go International collaborations over the last five years with top designers. While I'm a huge fan of some of the designers, particularly Proenza Schouler, Zac Posen and Thakoon, I haven't been as impressed with the limited number of pieces that I've bought in the past. I've maybe worn my Proenza Schouler dress twice and haven't taken the tags off the swimwear yet. I just find that the fabric and construction quality and fit don't quite work for me. Even though the dresses are around $30-$45 (or about $20 on sale), it's not worth it if you never wear it. While I was intrigued by the photos online, I finally made it to Target to check it out when I had some other things to pick up, unlike the H&M Lanvin collaboration by comparison where I waited in line on launch day and obsessively stalked thereafter. The old Fedco La Cienega Target location had almost the entire collection available in plenty of sizes; I was able to try on the half dozen dresses that looked interesting to me online in my size, XS / 1. I left empty-handed; there wasn't any piece that I like enough to purchase right away. I didn't have the chance to take pictures, but here are the photos from the website of pieces that I'd consider buying the if they were still available by the time they go on markdown.
Thakoon Cyber Floral Dress: probably my favorite. Fit is a little weird on the top, but I like the pattern
Thakoon colorblock: colorblocking is huge this spring and I like the colors, but the seams don't lie flat, as you can see from the picture, which looks messy
Jovovich Hawk Polka dot dress; cute, but I was worried about the chiffon getting staticky
Erin Fetherston bunny dress: cute pattern and dress, but I don't love spaghetti straps

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...