Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goody Spin Pin Review: Cool!

Photo from the web
After reading about the Goody Spin Pin yesterday, I thought it sounded too good to be true, so I drove to Target in search of the pins to test them out. I love the polished look of buns, particularly post-Black Swan, but have never been able to get my slippery heavy hair to stay put into a bun. Unfortunately Target was all out of the brunette pins (they are always frustratingly out of stock) and the mini versions didn't work for my hair, so I got them at Walgreens. To use the pins, twist your hair in a bun, and then starting from where the end of the tip of the hair finishes, you twist one of the spirals clockwise through the bun, and then twist the other spiral in starting from the opposite side. I was very skeptical, but amazingly, it works quite well! I had to practice a few times to get it right; it works best if you try to keep the spiral parallel to your head, not going in too deep towards the scalp or too far out, and it also helps to tie my hair in a ponytail first, particularly for a higher neater bun.  I put my clean, completely dry hair up this morning with no products and the bun stayed put all day, even through most of a yoga class, handstands and all. It's a little expensive for a simple piece of twisted metal, but I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...