Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lululemon Gratitude Wrap Review: Believe the Hype

Lululemon Gratitude Wrap in Black Swan / Black Swan Heathered Black Skeletonbone (second part refers to the herringbone inner lining that no one can see except for me). Worn with MiH Marrakesh Kick Flare jeans and Toms red striped wedges
For some reason, the Lululemon Gratitude Wrap is one of the most popular item that Lululemon has ever made, with quite the cult following. It is particularly coveted as it hasn't been released in the last few years, so Gratitude Wraps on EBay often sell for many multiples of the retail price. I never quite understood it as I had never seen one in real life before, even though I've been buying Lululemon for several years now. Lululemon re-released the Gratitude wrap to the Canadian stores over the last few weeks, but only to US customers through the online store last Thursday. I wasn't planning on being up for the release; usually they upload new items around 7am pacific, but I happened to naturally be awake at 6:50am on Thursday, so I hopped online. I managed to snag a Black Swan (dark purplish blue) in my regular size 4 as soon as it was uploaded at 6:59am; I was amazed to see the size 4 quickly sell out not a minute later. Unfortunately many people were not as lucky with website failures and canceled orders, shades of the Missoni for Target debacle.

The Gratitude Wrap arrived via fedex today and I have to say, I am in love. I was originally planning to think about it for a few days, and possibly wait for different colors to be released, but I couldn't help myself and tore off the tags so I could wear it immediately, which is quite unusual for me as I often vacillate on these kinds of things. I know the pictures aren't really that great and it does look a little like a potato sack, but I just love the Gratitude Wrap, even more than my beloved Savasana Wrap which I bought on sale for half off and wear as much as I can. The photos probably make it look bulkier since I'm wearing jeans as opposed to workout pants, but I plan on wearing the wrap with both workout gear as well as casual wear. I love the warm ribbed sleeve details with the thumbholes of the Gratitude Wrap; it's like wearing gloves and keeps me a lot toastier than the Savasana Wrap. The double breasted rows of buttons keeps the wrap buttoned up more securely, pockets at are a more accessible angle and I like how the wrap is nice and long in the back; looks proportionally better on me than the Savasana Wrap. I love the little contrast details like the elbow patches, back triangle patch and drawstrings. It's a lot more structured with interesting details than the Savasana Wrap, even though it's the same retail price. It's perfect for LA weather; I'm comfortably wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath and it will keep me warm and toasty for the LA fall / winter. I'm sure my usual top size 4 is the right size for me as I can still layer a long sleeve or thin sweater, the shoulders and sleeves are comfortable without any noticeable tightness but keep me warm, and the vertical edge of the wrap falls straight up and down, even if I have some bulk in the pockets like my hands. I'm really grateful that I was able to snag one and I know that I will have to restrain myself from wearing it everyday, neglecting all my other clothes, for the next few months. I've been pretty good at keeping my Lululemon purchases under control except for last week where I also bought a bulerias tank and my first pair of still pants, both on markdown. This should keep me covered for awhile... Oops, realized most people wear the Gratitude Wrap buttoned all the way up. Too lazy to take another picture at the moment.
Lululemon Gratitude Wrap: I love the thumbholes; makes the wrap so snug and cozy
You can faintly see the ribbed elbow patch
Nice and long in the back
Lululemon Savasana Wrap in  Coal / Coal Strata Stripe (also a size 4)

3 comments:

  1. Step one is admitting you have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I fully admit that I'm addicted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step two is believing that a higher power can restore you to sanity.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...