Sunday, October 2, 2011

Isabel Marant SS 2012 Show Review - Paris Fashion Week

Isabel Marant is currently my favorite designer so she's going to be the only designer to get her very own Fashion Week post. Her eagerly anticipated show in Paris on Friday did not disappoint with tons of pieces that I would love to own in signature Isabel Marant fashion; lots of fun knits, cool jeans / pants, flirty dresses, with an overall colorful and fun vibe. Lots of different fabrics and patterns, including shiny metallics, patchwork, lace, plaids and knits, yet still felt like a cohesive collection. With the exception of some athletic inspired pieces (which she did for SS 2011 as well), there wasn't much similarity to the other SS 2012 collections that I've seen, in part because I think her collections are overall more casual than many of the other designers which is actually nice because you can wear her clothes across seasons and years, making it more timeless. The collection was a little shorter and tighter than I prefer, but still plenty of great pieces. One of my favorite fashion week collections so far. I loved Marc Jacobs and Theyskens' Theory shows also, but her clothes are simply the most everyday wearable for me in LA (although Theyskens Theory is quite wearable as well). From what I've seen so far though, lots of great collections from Fashion Week Paris, post to come later. Images from nymag.com
Favorite chunky knits. Big sweaters + shorts = good for LA transitional weather
Favorite pants, particularly the middle pair
Mixing plaids and patchwork. I also really like the print dress on the right (from what I can see at least), looks a little similar to some of this season's Etoile dresses.
I really like the sheer lacy tunic on the left and the middle metallic dress with the details on the top and elbow length sleeves
Signature cool embellished  jackets / gilets
Metallic dressier knits on the left and center

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...