Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Infamous Missoni for Target Throw: a Review

It's finally here, the elusive Missoni for Target throw in passione (with the matching pillows from the collection)
One of the most sought after Missoni for Target items aside from the espresso cup set and the copper bike were the throws. The throw was the first thing that jumped out at me from the lookbook and my top priority for purchase when I went to the store that unfortunate morning of the launch. Me and everyone else I suppose! Especially after getting lucky with finding the complete sets of passione pillows, I was even more determined to find the matching Missoni x Target passione throw to complete the collection for my family room couch. We always use throws in that room, as it is the coldest room in the house in the winter (as well as the room we spend the most time in), particularly my usual seat next to the window and french doors. Unfortunately, I've had zero luck finding the throw in the stores, since no one is returning them as they are still going for 3-4x original asking price on Ebay. I won't bore with the details, but I ended up paying more than I wanted for the passione throw through a buy / trade on Craigslist (although still significantly less than Ebay prices). As soon as I got home, I ripped the tags off and unfurled the throw on the couch. The Missoni for Target throw is perfect; thick, heavy and soft, plus the happy colors and pattern make me smile every time I look at them. It's thicker than a normal fleece throw, with a double layer for some heft and plushness. I just love the beautiful magenta, fuschia, violet, grape, with just a splash of lime colors of the throw, it is by far my favorite colorway of all the Missoni for Target throws. Overspending for the throw is part of the reason I'm being extra judicious and returning all the clothes / accessories that I won't wear as much. I'm enormously relieved and happy to say with the acquisition of the throw, finally Missoni mission accomplished and I can stop obsessing about Missoni and visiting the stores (except to return the remaining items).
Unfortunately, I bet the dogs are going to love the throw too. Good thing it's machine washable.

So in love with all the matching colors

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...