Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Has Arrived

Etoile Isabel Marant Lexy Jacket, Uniqlo heattech long sleeve, Etoile Isabel Marant tweed Cooke Skirt and Opening Ceremony Boots
I'm really enjoying this refreshing crisp fall weather mostly because I've been able to break out my new fall wardrobe.  I even appreciated the rain on Tuesday, got to wear my new Tahari raincoat that I bought for Taiwan and my trusty green original Hunter rainboots.
Like all of my Isabel Marant skirts, I love that it has pockets
I'm sure I will be wearing this (mostly new and of course mostly Isabel Marant) outfit lots this fall, and definitely packing it for my upcoming Seattle trip. The skirt is a herringbone tweed which screams fall to me, and the top is very close to burgundy, which is one of the top fall colors of this season. I'm not quite sure the Lexy jacket is the right jacket for this outfit given the proportion of the paper bag high waisted skirt. Now that I've worn the Etoile Lexy jacket a few times, I'm glad I went with the size 0 as it seems to stretch out a bit after wear; it fits comfortably over my thin long sleeve top. I debated forever between the size 0 and size 1; my other two mainline Isabel Marant jackets are size 1 but feel slightly too big, although they are meant to be worn oversized, so it's not a big deal. Isabel Marant sizing is all over the place, this Etoile skirt is a size 1 and I don't think I could go any smaller, but my Etoile cords are a size 0 and still quite baggy and my other mainline Isabel Marant skirt is a size 1, but needs to be pinned as it's slightly too big. With the variability in sizing and fit, it makes buying her clothes a little bit of a challenge as everything needs to be tried on.
Etoile Isabel Marant Lexy Jacket all zipped up, although I prefer to wear it open for a more casual look, and also especially with this skirt since the paper bag waist is so bulky
Skirt / jacket detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...