Monday, February 21, 2011

February 2011 Barneys New York Warehouse Sale

The chain harness detail is removable
I used to regularly go to the Barneys New York Warehouse Sale when it was held at the Barker Hanger at the Santa Monica Airport.  For reasons I still don't understand, they moved it to the Los Angeles Convention Center in Downtown LA for the last few seasons, and I've never been back since the move.  Not only is downtown LA a traffic nightmare, but parking is a ridiculous $12 at the Convention Center.  The only reason why I went today is because I happened to be passing by on my way home from a haircut in the San Gabriel Valley and it was the last day of the sale.  I always wait until the last day of the sale to go; they often (though not always) increase the discounts particularly on the last day.  I've scored some great deals on some of my favorite pieces of clothing, including two Lanvin dresses and a Derek Lam dress from his very first collection and a couple of 3.1 Phillip Lim dresses.  I've also bought a few things that I've regretted, just because they were such a good deal, but I'm much more disciplined now.  When I went today, designer was reduced an additional 60%, ready to wear an additional 25%, and shoes an additional 50%, on top of original reductions of about 60%.  Unfortunately, there really wasn't any clothes left in my size, but the shoe selection was pretty decent.  I debated between a pair of Rag and Bone combat boots and Opening Ceremony Cristina suede platform booties, and ultimately went with the Opening Ceremony shoes because they make me incredibly tall.  The shoes are versatile too; you can take off the funky chain harness for a more normal looking platform lace-up bootie.  I've always liked Opening Ceremony; I've never bought anything from their retail stores but they always have such an interesting, carefully edited collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...