Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhogs Day Farmer's Market

I'll try some romanesco next week, looks so cool!
Punxsatawney Phil did not see his shadow today, meaning spring will come early this year. I certainly hope so; hopefully the fresh spring produce is around the corner as well.  Today's farmer's market was more of the same, although I did notice that some vendors had more produce than the last few weeks, particularly the citrus vendors and the carrot / potato / beet guy.  I bought some salad greens, butter lettuce, beets, avocadoes, basil, onions and an oro blanco grapefruit. 
The varieties of avocado that are in season now are different from the summer Haas avocadoes: pinkerton, bacon, fuentes and stewart.  I bought some fuentes to try out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...