Friday, July 29, 2011

Farm Fresh to You

Courtesy of JK, we received our first ever farm box today from Farm Fresh to You. It was quite exciting to open the box and see what was goodies were inside. We got grapefruit, our first heirloom tomatoes and grapes of the season, summer squash, cucumber, lettuce, broccoli and corn. Now I just have to figure out what to cook this week with our bounty. So far we've only tried the grapes and grapefruit; the grapefruit is super sweet and juicy but I don't think the grapes are quite at their peak yet. As for the rest of the produce, I think I will make a summer squash lasagna, an avocado grapefruit lettuce salad, tzaziki with the cucumber since I have leftover dill, and broccoli feta pasta. I still have to go to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items to round out the recipes, but at least we are going to eat lots of fruits and veggies this week. Thanks JK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...