Wednesday, July 13, 2011

theyskens' theory Review

theyskens' theory Dewi Dress in deep purple (image from shopbop)
I pretty much love the entire theyskens' theory capsule collection for Theory. I've been a huge fan of Olivier Theyskens since the Rochas days. I particularly like his more feminine (but not saccharine) styles, infused with just enough edge and downtown cool. I also appreciate his menswear inspired styles and tailoring, but it's not as much a style that I would wear. Theory has always been my go-to brand for office attire, aside from Emporio Armani; I have at least four Theory suits, and they always did their job, even if they were a little dull, but that's the nature of conservative business formal attire. Theyskens has actually made Theory cool, adding some needed style and edge that has never really been there before. I would totally wear this collection outside of the office. Within the theyskens' theory line, I particularly love the beautiful prints and dresses from the inaugural S/S 2011 collection. I fell in love with the Dotta floral print dress at Barneys; I love the dreamy print, the dropped waist flouncy skirt with pockets and the wispy racerback. Unfortunately it's completely sold out of my size everywhere and it is too difficult to alter smaller given the construction. Fortunately, I was so excited to come across the Dewi deep purple dress at Neiman Marcus, after pleading for the salespeople for their help in finding a piece of the collection, at an amazing price during Last Call. I love the Dewi dress too; it's a little dressier than the Dotta, which is more daytime appropriate, with an easy draped silky silhouette, pockets and open back, plus purple is one of my favorite colors. It's actually a little easier to wear than the Dotta which is just a little too wispy and exposed. The collection definitely runs big, similar to the sizing for the regular Theory collection which runs bigger than designer collections. I think the theyskens' theory collection has sold very well; there seem to be a lot more retailers carrying the new fall collection than the outgoing spring collection.
theyskens' theory Dewi Dress in deep purple (image from shopbop)
theyskens' theory Dotta dress. The floral print is very pretty in real life and there are pockets too (image from net-a-porter.)
theyskens' theory Dotta dress (image from net-a-porter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...