Monday, October 15, 2012

Milk and Cookies

Not the prettiest cookies in the world
I haven't done much baking lately, other than several batches of these cookies, which I always have in my kitchen at anytime. I'm always hungry, particularly first thing in the morning or late at night, but often don't have time to make anything, so these cookies are a nice quick hearty bite to tide me over. These cookies do double duty, as they are made with lots of oatmeal and brewers yeast, both ingredients that are supposed to boost milk supply. I've altered recipes that I've found online by halving the amount of sugar and butter and subbing in some whole wheat flour. Since I am always snacking on them, might as well try to make them a little healthier! They definitely aren't the most decadent cookies out there, but definitely hit the spot.

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter

½ cup of sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup A/P flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
4 tablespoons brewer's yeast

Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 375°.
2 Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3 Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well in a stand mixer
4 Add eggs and mix well.
5 Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6 Sift together flours, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7 Add dry ingredients to butter mix with the mixer on low until evenly combined
8 Stir in oats and chips.
9 Scoop onto parchment paper in a baking sheet in little balls about 1 heaping TB (I use my coffee scooper so I’m not sure the exact size)
10 Bake for 10-12 minutes rotating once
11 Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...