Friday, June 14, 2013

Worlds Collide

image from hm.com
So it's no secret from a quick perusal of the blog that my favorite designer these days is Isabel Marant. In fact, I recently went on a huge spring sale shopping spree at her gorgeous Melrose Place store, picking up some pieces that I've been coveting all season, including the Cooper striped jeans in fuchsia, the Salome skirt in red, the Manuel stars and bird romper in black, Ariana tweed jacket in
red, Capu Elvis studded belt in black, nice additions to my one full price purchase this season, the Sid pants in black that I've worn to death the last few months . I might have gone a little overboard, but I truly love all the pieces, pics to come. The other obvious conclusion from the blog is that I love collaborations, particularly the H&M fall designer collaborations. My favorite was the Lanvin collaboration, but the most recent Martin Margiela collaboration was a surprise favorite. Still, I was so surprised to hear that Isabel Marant was the next designer to work with H&M. While I love Isabel Marant, what I love about her clothes is the everyday wearability of them; she's not quite as high fashion or groundbreaking as the previous designers. I have mixed feelings, but will wait to reserve final judgment when the collection comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...