Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Zara Skort: the Reverse Mullet

Black Zara Mini Skort, Helmut Lang tee, Isabel Marant x H&M boots
That's not a typo, I've actually embraced the comeback of the skort. I don't think I've worn a skort since middle school, but leave it to Zara to come up with this versatile update of the reverse mullet of clothes, party in the front, business in the back. Love the origami style folded front, set of pockets and best part is, they are shorts! It's a touch polyestery, with a little bit of shine and wrinkles, which is my only complaint. I guess it's been pretty popular in various blogs, although I haven't really kept up with fashion blogs since little k's arrival. It's the perfect piece of clothing for chasing after a toddler, worry free while sitting on the floor reading books or running around a playground. The black goes with everything and I can even wear it now in the middle of winter here in LA. It's easy to dress down with a sweatshirt and flats or dress up with a structured jacket and boots or heels. This will be a nice replacement for the slightly too big black Vena Cava shorts that I wore to death last summer simply because they matched everything. Update: I picked up the white version for $15.99 today. I like the black better, the white reminds me of a tennis skirt, but at that price, I will figure out how to make it work.
Pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...