Saturday, February 14, 2015

Resort at Home

Malia Mills tunic top and swimwear
It's so nice to not have to even leave the house to bust out resort wear. It feels like vacation today; with temps in the 80's, we had a little picnic lunch in the front yard. Perfect timing as I have just rehauled my resort / swimwear wardrobe. After having a kid, my old swimsuits just don't seem to fit the same, nor do they feel appropriate for running around after a toddler. Earlier in the week, I happened to be at the Brentwood Country Mart to mail a package (and to stop for a scoop of Sweet Rose Creamery ice cream), when I noticed the "sale" sign on the Malia Mills store. Encouraged by the warm weather, I decided to check it out. Definitely stepped out of my normal swimsuit comfort zone and experimented with some new styles, including high waisted bottoms and a slightly retro tankini, but also picked up some conventional pieces, so will be able to mix and match depending on my mood (and how much I've eaten for lunch). Paid full price for one of the tops, but everything else was significantly discounted. One tip about swimwear shopping is that you have to try the pieces on. I tried on pretty much all the styles in the store before deciding on the four pieces that I picked out; the others simple didn't fit / were not flattering at all, no matter how they looked on the hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...