Sunday, November 9, 2014

Return to Hermes: Evelyne III Bleu Electrique


Hermes Evelyne III GM in Bleu Electrique
So while the blog has been quiet as of late, I wish I could say the same about shopping, but unfortunately it's been quite the opposite. I've been on a bit of an Hermes binge; there's something incredibly addicting, albeit incredibly bad for the wallet, about Hermes. I've been searching for the perfect Evelyne for almost a year now. I wanted an everyday Hermes bag that I could use with little k, big enough for all her toddler stuff and hands free when I need to chase after her. All my Hermes bags have been sitting on the shelf since little k was born since they just aren't baby friendly. I knew I wanted to diverge from Hermes classic colors, as I already have Hermes bags in black, Etoupe (taupe) and Blue Jean. I originally had my eye on Anemone, which is a pinkish purple, but the bag never came into my local Hermes boutique. About a month ago, I spotted a Raisin Evelyne PM on the shelf and immediately brought it home; Raisin has always been one of my favorite Hermes colors as I love purples, but it is also dark enough to be a neutral. Unfortunately, when I put my stuff into it when I got home, I realized that it was way too small for all my stuff. I knew I needed a GM and just had to keep my fingers crossed that a GM Evelyne came in before my return period was up. Just as the 30 day return period was expiring, my sales associate called with an Evelyne GM in Bleu Electrique. I absolutely adore this Blue Electrique, it is just a gorgeous shade of blue, bright and saturated enough for that happy pop of color, but dark enough to go with a lot of clothes and various seasons. I think I love it even more than the Raisin. Size is perfect too, fits everything I need. It was truly meant to be. There's just something to be said about Hermes bags, the quality of the impeccable craftsmanship, the supple pebbled clemence leather, the beautiful rainbow of colors. My other Hermes bags still look brand new after over 6 years; I can't say the same about any other brand, including Chanel, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler. Hermes is incredibly pricy but worth it to me, due to the quality, durability and longevity of the designs. I never tire of carrying Hermes bags.

I picked up this adorable little Hermes Rodeo Grigri Horse while on a quick Vegas trip with K. I don't have any interest in gambling so instead of losing my money at the tables, I put it towards this little horse, a win-win if you ask me!
Hermes Rodeo Horse PM in Anemone / Bleu Izmir
These two items were only the beginning of our October Hermes binge. K was awesome enough to queue up and go to the amazing Hermes sample sale while in NYC for a business trip. I begged him to go as I heard they had watches at the sale, and I've been looking at Hermes watches for awhile. He came home with an orange MM H Heure watch, a barenia double tour Cape Cod GM watch, as well as a bunch of enamel bangles, scarves and ties (for himself). Quite the haul. I have one more very special (non-Hermes piece) coming in the next month, but other than that, I am so banned from shopping until at least the New Year....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...