Saturday, May 26, 2012

Steven Alan: The Classic Button-Down

An easy classic button-down shirt is essential for all wardrobes, and Steven Alan makes a pretty darn good version of it. I bought my first Steven Alan shirt this week, at the Steven Alan Outpost in Los Feliz. His clothes definitely aren't cheap; I was in the Abbott Kinney store earlier this week and they suggested that I check out the Outpost if I was on the lookout for some sale goods. Still not cheap, but I picked up this reverse seam women's shirt for about 70% off at the Outpost. Originally, I went to the store in search of their classic shirtdress, but selection was quite limited, so I went with a shirt instead, where selection was more plentiful. I decided to size up a size for a slouchier, more comfortable look; I found their shirts to be a little tight across the shoulders and chest. I'm happy about my purchase, the shirt is well-made; I like the textured detail on the stripes and the signature Steven Alan details like the reverse seam on the edges and sleeves and twisted placket, and it'll be great with jeans in cooler weather and shorts in the summer. The store is small, but definitely worth a visit if you are on the eastside in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...