Sunday, September 9, 2012

Don't Mess with Texas

Isabel Marant Texas dress and Rio sandals. Image from style.com
While most fashion people were focused on New York Fashion Week or recovering from Fashions Night Out on Thursday, S. and I made the semiannual trek downtown to the Isabel Marant warehouse sale at the Cooper Building on Friday afternoon. All I came home with this time was the Texas dress in black. My only qualm about the dress is that it really is quite short (as were many of the looks from her Spring 2012 collection). Fortunately I don't have supermodel long legs, so it doesn't look quite as scandalously short on me as in these runway images. To further tone it down and to keep it "mommy" appropriate, I'll probably pair the dress with Betty sneakers and a similarly sporty or oversized jacket. There was quite a lot of stock at the sample sale and I tried on a lot of items, but nothing quite fit right. It's too bad since I was not five months pregnant like last time and could properly try on the clothes. I really wanted a pair of patchwork jeans but they all ran big. I was tempted by these Rio sandals, which I've loved since the runway show, and they were a great price, but I simply could not walk even a few steps in 5 inch heels; apparently I am way out of practice.We also checked out the Steven Alan sample sale going on simultaneously in the Cooper Building but came away empty handed as well.
Image from style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...