Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red, White and Bleu Isabel Marant

Etoile Isabel Marant Hana Romper, Prada sunglasses, Toms red striped wedges
A patriotic red white and blue outfit in honor of the 4th today. I picked up the Etoile Isabel Marant Hana romper / playsuit (what an awkward term, sounds like something small fry wears) from Barneys' second markdown a few weeks ago. The Beverly Hills salesperson was kind enough to track it down for me at the San Francisco store and have it shipped to me. I really love this piece; I tried it on when it was still full price at Heist in Venice and really liked it back then, but I like it even more now at such a good price. I think this print is one of the most identifiable patterns from Isabel Marant's S/S 2012 Etoile collection and the whole style and look is signature Isabel Marant. I really loved both her mainline and Etoile collection this season, and this is my first piece of the season from either her mainline or Etoile collection, and it also happens to be one of my favorites. The fit is billowy and loose and I love the airy cotton voile and bright and happy blue and white print. I love rompers, but they can sometimes be too juvenile looking, but I think this one is carefree and easygoing, but not too childish. A perfect addition to any summer wardrobe, fitting for fourth of July BBQs in Venice (thanks for a lovely afternoon S&J!).

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely in the blue Hana! I love the carefree style and intricate pattern. Great summer piece and even better on sale!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...