Friday, January 4, 2013

Isabel Marant Obira Cardigan and Ivo Cords (and more MMM x H&M)

Maison Martin Margiela for H&M Dolly Cardigan, Uniqlo flannel shirt, Isabel Marant Ivo cords and Dickers
Two new staples to my fall / winter wardrobe from Isabel Marant are the Obira Cardigan and Ivo corduroy pants in garnet. They pretty much go with everything in my wardrobe; the Obira is the perfect weight for Southern California fall / winters. It's a little itchy, but fine with a long sleeve underneath. It's thick and slouchy, and I like the longer length and pockets. I like the Ivos a lot. I could see how the cropped length might be impractical in colder weathers, but they are perfect for LA with a pair of Dickers or sneakers, and the various zippers make it just a bit more interesting than ordinary cords. The red garnet color is also more versatile than I first expected, and goes with all my winter greys and blacks. I'm kicking myself for not also picking up the Ardoise version when I had the chance during Barney's second markdown. I also bought the Isabel Marant Laloo dress and Itzel moroccan print cords in Anthracite on second markdown, but I am not positive that I will keep either, as I don't expect to get as much wear out of them as compared to the Ivos or Obira Cardigan, both of which I've worn a lot since Christmas. Hard to decide; on one hand, I've done way too much shopping in the last month, but on the other hand, I really only do all my shopping twice a year at the end of season sales. We'll see... I also love this chunky Dolly Cardigan from the Maison Martin Margiela x H&M line. It's a size M so 1-2 sizes too big, but is meant to be oversized anyway, so I'll make it work, particularly for $39 (down from $99). It's thick and cozy, but mostly cotton, so very comfortable.
Isabel Marant Obira Intarsia Cardigan, Uniqlo flannel shirt, Lululemon leggings, Isabel Marant Betty Sneakers

I've been living in these Uniqlo flannel shirts that my parents brought to me from Taiwan. Wish I had more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...