Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Maison Martin Margiela x H&M Bargains

Maison Martin Margiela x H&M beige suede jacket and red patent plexi invisible wedge heels
I did a little post-Christmas shopping and picked up a couple more Maison Martin Margiela for H&M pieces for $20-$30 at the Beverly Center. I had already bought the nude plexi wedges on sale but couldn't resist the black and red patent versions for $30 (down from $299). I also bought the beige suede pattern cut jacket for $20 (down from $299) and the red hitched up dress for $20 (down from $199). The suede jacket is one size too big and a bit stiff, but I can make it work for that price (93% off plus real suede!). The shoes are really comfortable, and the red is flattering red and nice for a pop of color against a neutral outfit and the black will go with everything. I know three pairs of shoes in the same style is a bit overkill, but they cost in aggregate about half of the original price of one of the pairs of shoes. I'm lucky that I didn't buy any at full price, especially with the restrictive 7 day return policy. Luckily I haven't seen anything I bought marked down for less than I paid (yet). The rapid markdowns are indication that this collaboration wasn't as successful as past H&M collaborations, but it is one of my favorites and I bought more from this collaboration than any previous ones. I can't believe that I bought so many things (4 sweaters, 1 jacket, 1 pair of leather pants, 3 pairs of shoes and the candy clutch), but I really do love all the pieces and plan on getting lots of use out of them. I've already worn everything at least once, except for the red dress which is the only non-everyday piece. It's a really pretty red, and for $20, I couldn't leave it behind, even though we have few upcoming formal occasions. The only full priced items were the narrow shouldered jacket and candy clutch (two of the more popular pieces of the collection that sold out), everything else was 60-90+% off. I think it's really well made with some really interesting details, especially at these prices. Stay tuned for more pics...
Maison Martin Margiela x H&M beige pattern cut jacket for $20 and red patent pumps for $30

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...