Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jason Wu for Target / Neiman Marcus

My favorite ornament of the three
I think that Jason Wu is the only CFDA designer who put any thought into his pieces for the massive Target / Neiman Marcus / CFDA holiday collection. Even at 70% off, I'm not even tempted to settle for any of the items. I ordered the Marc Jacobs pouch and Oscar de la Renta dog bowl just to check it out, but the dog bowl came broken, and the pouch just isn't even worth $20 (originally $70). I feel like Jason Wu is the only designer who made any effort and whose pieces actually reflect his design aesthetic. I feel like Jason Wu's runway collections have gotten stronger and stronger every season; I  F/W 2012 was beautiful and his S/S 2013 show was probably my favorite collection of the entire season. For the Target / Neiman Marcus collection, his little girl dresses are adorable; I wish he made adult sized clothes for the collection. J. was ever thoughtful and picked up both for little K while shopping at Neiman Marcus the other day, I can't wait to see them! I ordered the set of three ornaments, which I love. This was our first year with a Christmas tree, and we started out with basically no ornaments; my mom had to pull out her 25+ year old dusty ornaments so that we had something on our tree. We got a lot of ornaments as gifts this year; I think it was a hint that we should really step up our game. The Jason Wu / Target / Neiman Marcus ornaments are beautiful and unique, they seem well made, substantial with lovely details such as lace etchings, gold filagree and crystals. Even the packaging is really nice, nicer than most Target collaborations, in a sturdy minimalist box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...