Saturday, July 30, 2011

Homemade Affogato

Thanks to M&M, I was able to make my favorite dessert at home on Friday night: affogato. I'm not a huge dessert person and simple is better for me and it doesn't get much simpler than affogato: a shot of espresso poured over vanilla gelato. We subbed in non fat organic vanilla yogurt for the gelato, so it wasn't quite as rich and creamy as I would have liked, but it was still a delicious blend of cool vanilla milky goodness blended with the punch of espresso. I love the Bialetti Moka Express, it's very easy to use, you can easily make enough cups for several people at one time and it's easy to clean. We made it with 3 year old espresso beans and it still tasted fine; never made espresso with our old two in one Krups machine because it was such a pain hence the really old beans. It's well-made and sturdy; you can tell that it has been made using the same techniques and manufacturing processes since the old days in Italy. Plus I love the cute Italian guy drawing on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...