Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sephora's OPI Blasted Nail Polish review

Sephora by OPI blasted nail colour in silver
I rarely get manicures because I'm usually pretty hard on my nails, but I decided to do something different for fun and try the new blasted / shattered nail trend that's been everywhere lately. I bought a bottle of OPI's Blasted Silver at Sephora since most nail places charge extra for the shatter effect and had the nail place use one medium coat (not too thin, not too thick) over two coats of medium purple nailpolish and basecoat and finished with a clear topcoat. It's a little weird and I'm not sure if I like it, but it's fun to experiment and it's an easy way to change up the usual manicure with some patterns and a little shine. What's nice about this polish is that I can actually use it at home. I'm terrible at giving myself manicures, but since the finish is rather imperfect, the blasted effect actually hides any messiness in the application. I really like the combination of the blasted over an old bottle of Chanel Blue Satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...