Saturday, December 10, 2011

Taroko Gorge

I know I've already posted a bunch of Taroko images from my iPhone, but I just wanted to share some more from my DSLR. All were taken with my 35mm fixed lens, although I would have liked an even wider angle lens to truly capture the sheer scale and awesomeness of Taroko. Unfortunately, many parts of Taroko are overrun by tourists, particularly around the Changchun Shrine and Swallows Grotto. Fortunately, they don't venture much further west than that, so most of the park is relatively unspoiled. We enjoyed a nice morning hike the next morning; I would love to go back to do more hikes in the Western part of the park. Sheer marble walls, rushing rivers, waterfalls, rocky cliffs, lush greenery, Taroko is straight out of a movie set.
Siangde Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...