Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Lotta Pilotto: Testing out the Crop Top Look

Peter Pilotto for Target cropped sweater, T by Alexander Wang skirt, MMM x H&M plexi heels and Prada sunglasses
I haven't worn a crop top in like 20 years, since the early 1990's, and maybe I should keep it that way. The crop top trend has been around for quite a few seasons now, at least back to the Spring 2012 runway shows, notably with Prada. Fortunately this time around, there are no exposed navels, that would just be way too Britney Spears and I am way too old for that. I guess it is not a fleeting, single season trend, so I decided to give it a shot with the Peter Pilotto for Target collaboration. This is the cropped sweater that caught my eye from the collaboration from an early look in Vogue, and it finally arrived after almost 2 weeks in transit (boo Target). It's not bad for $30, I like the simple blue white black pattern, and the lightweight knit is comfortable but even in an XS it is slightly big, slightly baggier and longer than I would like (the skirt waistband is right at my navel and I also have a long torso; surprised the sweater is still so long), but given that it is mostly cotton, I should be able to carefully shrink it a bit. I don't find high waisted pants / skirts comfortable, so maybe this is not the right look for me. Still not sure I would actually wear it out, but at least I gave it a shot.I think it's a little too much pattern with a Peter Pilotto x Target pencil skirt, would keep it simple with a black pencil skirt.
Peter Pilotto for Target Cropped Sweater and Pencil Skirt, MMM x H&M plexi hells and Prada Sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...