Pretty typical wednesday today; began with a visit to the Santa Monica Wednesday farmer's market, followed by Costco for some pantry staples, then waited around for 3 hours for ADT security to show up, then Kourtney's yoga class, then prepared and had dinner with the family. At the farmer's market, I picked up the following:
- Lacinato Kale from Gloria's, for tonight's delicious raw kale salad, topped with ricotta salata, sliced almonds, organic raisins, with a meyer lemon and shallot dressing, inspired by Lupa's Cavolo Nero
- Young garlic, which we sauteed tonight with Chinese sausage and soy paste, shoots and all
- Organic spinach from Maggie's herb farm, which will be the topping for my Co. inspired spinach pizza later on this week
- Beautiful organic rainbow chard, which will be the topping for my Pitfire Pizza inspired egg and chard pizza later on this week
- Organic radishes, for breakfast (Thinly sliced radishes on cream cheese topped toasted bagels will be healthier than the breakfast quesadillas I've been having all week!)
In addition to the kale salad and the young garlic sprouts with sausage, we also had a chinese style fresh whole "li yu" fish, prepared with garlic, oranges and scallions, as well as some curry roasted kabocha squash and broccoli. Dinner was paired with Beckmen's 07 Cuvee Le Bec, a grenache syrah mouverdre blend that was ok, but not as exciting and fruit forward as the GSM's I normally prefer.