Friday, April 23, 2010

Taco Time

Lengua taco on the left, cabeza adobada taco on the right
As I mentioned previously, some of my favorite spots to eat are places where 2 people can get a satisfying meal for under $10 (and I'm not talking fast food!). One of the places that hits the spot consistently is Tacomiendo, which conveniently is on my way home from the driving range. I ordered the lengua (tongue) taco and the cabeza (head) adobada taco (hope that doesn't gross anybody out too much). I happen to like the slightly "different" meats, and besides, I wouldn't know where to buy lengua and cabeza or how to cook it at home. The cabeza had a soft, slightly fatty texture and the lengua was nice and lean. I just added some pico de gallo, "hot" salsa and a squeeze of lime, and it was perfect. Tacos are just slightly larger than at other taquerias in the area, and the (complimentary) fresh tortilla chips have the nice, crunchy, substantial bite that you just don't find with store bought tortilla chips. It was quite a filling meal, and at just over $5, I was satisfied. Having just made chorizo and potato tacos with homemade pico de gallo and fish tacos with mango salsa last week, I appreciate the quality, convenience and value of Tacomiendo even more. My only complaint is that I had to circle to find street parking; the parking lot at Tacomiendo is not big enough, particularly when Big O Tires is full.

Tacomiendo
11462 Gateway Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 481-0804

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...