Friday, April 23, 2010

Veggies for Breakfast

I made one of my favorite quick and healthy breakfasts today: thinly sliced organic radishes from wednesday's farmer's market, chopped organic chives from Whole Foods, on top of light spreadable cream cheese from Trader Joes and half of an everything bagel from Costco. It's super quick; usually I wash and slice the radishes with a mandolin (which I left at mom's house) and chop the chives while the bagel is in the toaster oven. I love the chilled, fresh and slightly peppery taste of the radishes, contrasted with the rich creaminess of the cream cheese, over the warm, crisp and chewy on the outside, but fluffy and soft on the inside of the bagel, with just a hint of onion-yness from the chives. I paired it with a glass of TJ's Green Plant Food juice, which tastes a lot better than it looks! Lots of veggies in the morning for me; the perfect fuel for the dogs' morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...