le creuset round french oven, 2) add chopped onions, leeks, garlic or some combo (equivalent of ~1 onion) and cook over medium heat until softened (maybe ~10 mins), 3) add the veggies du jour (~1 pound of veggies) and cook until soft , 4) add chicken stock (2-4 cups) and bring to a simmer, 5) simmer for awhile, 6) puree with an immersion blender, 7) season with salt & pepper or any other condiments to taste. That's it, fresh veggie soup. I've made potato leek soup with a similar recipe. I bet cauliflower, asparagus, tomato and broccoli would also be good veggies for this soup.
For tonight's soup, I made zucchini and young garlic soup and used the following ingredients for the steps:
1) 2 Tbs of butter and 1 Tbs of olive oil
2) 2 stalks of young garlic from the farmer's market, half of a small yellow onion, 3 garlic cloves
3) 1.25 lbs of organic farmer's market zucchini, peeled and sliced
4) 4 cups of chicken stock (conveniently 1 box of TJ's organic low sodium chicken stock)
5) simmered for about 45 minutes
6) love my cuisinart immersion blender!
7) seasoned with salt & white pepper and topped each bowl with chopped chives
It was quite good, nice and creamy with a light depth of zucchini. We also had yellow covina fish oven roasted with garlic salt, Japanese celery sauteed with chicken and brown haiga rice. All paired well with the Crios Torrontes which everyone really liked.