Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mary Mary Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mary Katrantzou for Topshop Newgen T-shirt, purple Uniqlo cords and Frye boots
Yay for: 75 degree Santa Monica weather, healthy breakfast on the patio by the pool, and the arrival of my Mary Katrantzou for Topshop Newgen T! I am really happy with the tshirt; the print and colors are vibrant and beautiful (it is polyester, but I don't think the digital print would pop as much if it were on cotton), I like the little rolled sleeves that differentiate it just a tad from the run of the mill tshirt, and the fit works for me (not too tight, not too sloppy), although perhaps I would prefer it just a tad longer since I just happen to like my tshirts really long. The Mary Katrantzou signature print is perfect for the start of spring; floral prints are everywhere this season. I prefer the print of this tshirt to the floral print on the shirt that's part of the broader Mary Katrantzou / Topshop collection. Between my new Mary Katrantzou x Topshop tunic dress and this Newgen tshirt, I am fully ready to embrace spring. Thanks to the great personal shoppers at the Chicago Topshop, the shirt arrived within a week of my order. It's been periodically popping back up on the Topshop website, so it's worth checking back often (just be prepared to wait 2 weeks for it to get to the states).

For a great insight into Mary Katrantzou's work, check out this lovely New York Times video interview between Mary and Suzy Menkes. I really like it; Mary seems like a genuinely likeable person from the video in addition to an extraordinarily unique creative talent. I really think she has an amazing future ahead of her in the industry.
Spring + a Mary Katrantzou field of flowers: perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...