Thursday, September 9, 2010

Golf and Polo

This morning, we played the nine hole Penmar golf course on the border of Venice and Santa Monica.  It's not bad for a nine hole course; there are lots of nice tall trees throughout the course for plenty of pleasant greenery and the greens and fairways are in decent, though not great shape.  It's the perfect course for me; I get tired after nine holes anyway and the course isn't too challenging; I didn't lose any golf balls, which is always a good sign.  There's a mix of par 3s and par 4s, and maybe one par 5.  I did pretty well for me; very few awful shots and lots of decent shots, and most importantly, I was able to keep up with my group.  I wish I had the time to really get good at golf, but somehow there's never enough time.
I also picked up a pair of Polocrosse Pants at Lululemon in Santa Monica.  It's been rather chilly in Santa Monica and I've been wanting more long pants; I've gotten so accustomed to living in my luon, luxtreme and cotton all summer that jeans seem rather uncomfortable.  I find it unflattering on the website photo (like a lot of items; they need to change the model), but I've been wanting a pair of these pants ever since I tried them on in the black denim version a few months ago, and I've been very patiently waiting for them to go on sale.  I had to call four stores before I could find a pair in my size and on sale, which was fortunately located in Santa Monica.  None of the stores had any more of the black denim left (boo! I really wanted my jean leggings / jeggings), but I did snag the only pair of black ones on sale (accidentally, they weren't supposed to be marked down; they were full price at the other stores).  Black is probably more versatile anyway, and more comfortable for yoga / working out.  They are quite popular amongst the staff that works there; I've seen them on many of the staff at several different stores.  I love them; so comfortable with lots of interesting seaming details and pockets.  I have a feeling I will be living in these pants all fall / winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...