Monday, September 13, 2010

Lily's Eggs

At last week's farmer's market, I splurged and bought fancy free range, pasture fed (grass-fed) fertile eggs from Lily's Eggs for $4.50 for a dozen.  These eggs are even a step up from cage free chickens and organic grain fed chicken.  With all the recent hullabaloo over the massive egg recall of over half a billion eggs, I decided to give these a try to see if they actually tasted better.  I always buy organic eggs; it's one of the items that I am quite adamant about, so I wasn't as worried about salmonella but more about the taste.  I tested them out yesterday in a breakfast egg scramble with tomatoes, olives, cotija cheese and fresh tarragon; just a couple of leftover items I had in my fridge.  It tasted good, although I'm not sure I could tell the difference against my regular eggs, particularly with all the other ingredients in the scramble.  I'll have to test them out more on their own, simply poached or fried.  Nevertheless, it did make for a nice breakfast out on the patio by the pool: we had the egg scramble, pancakes, english muffins, lattes and grapes.  It was a beautiful Sunday morning; we had ridden our bikes to the free Lululemon yoga class in Brentwood, and came back for a nice, relaxing breakfast by the pool under the sun. My idea of a perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...