Sunday, September 19, 2010

After the Aftermath

As if we didn't drink enough fine craft beers last night, we tasted a little IPA flight at a friend's place this afternoon:
Alpine Beer Company's Duet, Ballast Point's Sculpin and Russian River Brewing's Pliny the Elder
My favorite, as an IPA relative newbie, was the Duet single IPA from Alpine; it had a lovely floral fruity nose and taste with just enough bitterness to be very drinkable without any lingering bitterness.  I found the Sculpin to be a little too bitter for my taste, particularly in the finish.  The Pliny, a double IPA, was the most bitter, primarily in the taste, which I prefer, rather than the finish.  I didn't recall the Pliny being so bitter, but tasting it side by side with the single IPAs really brought out the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...