Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cavatappi with Mushrooms, Artichokes and Crab Meat

I made one of my go-to quick and easy pastas for dinner tonight: cavatappi pasta with cremini mushrooms in marsala wine, artichokes, and jumbo lump crab meat.  It takes about 30 minutes to prep and make; the most annoying part is cleaning mushrooms, one of my least favorite kitchen tasks.  I basically followed Giada's recipe, except I used DeCecco Cavatappi from Bay Cities (DeCecco is probably my favorite dried pasta maker, they make all the fun shapes), half and half instead of heavy cream (my heavy cream was starting go a little funky, although I would rather use heavy cream next time), and added a can of jumbo lump crab meat (not the best quality, but I thought crab meat + mushrooms and artichokes was a classic combination).  The pasta is quick and tasty although it was probably a little better in my previous attempts.  It was just a little dry this time; I may have overcooked it and used proportionally too much artichokes and crab meat for the same amount of sauce.  We had an ok red wine from Tuscany with dinner.  It was drinkable, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...