Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Maha Yoga: Strange


After today's Santa Monica Farmer's Market (nothing new to report, just bought salad greens and a bunch of winter vegetables to roast, including more sweet parsnips, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, fingerling potatoes), J. and I finally tried Maha Yoga right next to the Brentwood Country Mart thanks to some free passes from Lululemon's gift of yoga.  I've heard that Maha is most similar to Yogahop, my regular studio, with yoga classes set to pop music.  It was very similar, in terms of the sequence of poses and music, but everything felt strange and a little off.  The instructor didn't have a microphone so would have to shout over the loud music, and even then, it was still hard to understand the instructor.  It made for a rather jarring and strained class, plus the rest of students were a bit odd and distracting, making random sounds, talking a lot during class and bouncing in their poses.  The class was packed and the room strangely shaped and not very well-ventilated.  I'm glad I was able to try it for free and I wished I liked it more since it's so convenient to my place, but unfortunately it's just not the right studio for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...