Friday, August 19, 2011

Frozen Chocolate Peanut Banana Bites and the Barneys New York Warehouse Sale

I've been on a chocolate kick lately; I had plenty of leftover chocolate chips from last week's chocolate chip cookies, so I made Frozen Chocolate Peanut Banana Bites inspired by this recipe from (never home)maker via thekitchn. I used regular chocolate chips, not vegan chocolate chips, left out the coconut and melted the chocolate and peanut butter over a double boiler. It was fully frozen in about 4 hours. They were great; a little salty sweet and chocolate-y and the frozen banana in the center really did taste like and feel ice cream with a faint banana flavor. Highly recommend making this for a simple quick dessert to satisfy a chocolate craving. In the future, I would use more chocolate and less peanut butter, maybe a little sprinkle of sea salt and some chopped toasted nuts on top.

N. and I hit up the Barney's New York Warehouse sale today at the LA Convention Center. So unlike me, but I came up pretty much empty-handed; all I bought were a pair of cool Earnest Sewn jeans for K which I was surprised to find. I was briefly tempted by a lovely Givenchy black sheer long sleeve layered chiffon dress, as well as a slinky asymmetrical black Alexander Wang dress, a cool black Rodarte x Opening Ceremony croc embossed skirt-all (hard to explain), and a 3.1 Phillip Lim giraffe print long-sleeve wool dress, and would have bought them at the right price but they were all still a little too expensive in my opinion. We also tried on a lot of fun stuff; Prada, Giambattista Valli, Lanvin, Stella McCartney, Balenciaga etc. Contemporary and shoes were only an extra 25% off, whereas designer was a more enticing 40% off. I didn't really see any shoes that I liked either. Fortunately, I didn't feel as obligated to buy something this time because we found metered parking so I avoided the ridiculous $12 parking charge for the Convention Center lot. It was a bit nervewracking however as I spent longer than expected at the sale and had to run out to put more quarters in the meter. I really hope they move the sale back to the Santa Monica airport next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...