Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Calypso St. Barth for Target Preview

5/1/11 Note: Updated here with review of new purchases and photos.
Although I wasn't completely enamored with the Target Go International re-release last month (caveat: I did pick up a few pieces when they went on sale this week), I am loving the just released images of the Calypso St. Barth collection. I hope everything looks as good in person as they do in pictures. I think I'm ready for summer lounging by the pool; I love the colors, patterns, use of crochet and tie dyes, and overall breezy effortless feel of this collection. Dresses are $30-$50 and they have shoes, bags and home goods too! Collection launches May 1st. My favorite pieces (images from Target):
I love the idea of a caftan / maxi dress with sleeves and fits the 70's vibe of S/S 2011. Perfect for the variety of Santa Monica summer weather. Apparently this dress is silk.
Good as a coverup or a casual around town dress
I love the versatility of separates, plus I liked another image with a similar style skirt worn as a dress
I've adored off the shoulder looks since I was a kid, but the length of the dress might be challenging for my height
Gratuitous St. Barths sunset photo from April 2007. Sigh, I want to go back right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...