Friday, April 22, 2011

A Little Bit of the 70's

Black straw hat from Madewell, organic cotton peasant top from H&M's "Conscious Collection," black Balenciaga velo bag, really old True Religion jeans and Swedish Hasbeens x H&M black wooden wedges.
I really like some of the major (and disparate) trends of this season, including floppy hats (the best SPF!), wedges, stripes, crossbody bags, colorblocking, prints, maxi skirts and dresses. Overall, breezy, comfortable and easy to wear. I have to say, it feels so comfortable to be wearing flared jeans again; there's just an easy freedom to them vs. the skinny jeans / jeggings / leggings style of the previous few seasons. I fell in love with a pair of flared jeans that I tried on at Bloomingdales the other day: Citizens of Humanity's Angie in Revival Wash. I love the fit, faded wash (which made them surprisingly slimming) and exaggerated flare, but at $230, I will have to pass for now. I haven't bought new jeans in years now, which is probably why the prices continually  shock me.
Photo from Nordstroms

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...