Friday, May 13, 2011

Angel's Share: A Quiet Oasis in the East Village

Behind this unmarked door in an upstairs East Village yakitori joint is one of my favorite tiny bars in NYC, Angel's Share. It's been around for as long as I can remember; I've been visiting ever since moving to NYC in 2001. It's such a lovely, quiet place for a night out with a couple of friends and some really tasty cocktails. I have many fond memories of evenings spent conversing with friends and watching the snow fall on the little park across the way on Stuyvesant Street. The Japanese bartenders are polite, dapper-ly attired and make an impressive variety of delicious cocktails. Drinks aren't cheap but they really know their craft here. J. and I walked over after our dinner at Momofuku Ko; he ordered the Stormy Weather, a concoction of apple cinnamon rye, ginger beer and ginger ale and I had the Quintessence with rum, elderflower and some other tasty ingredients that I can't recall.
The yakitori joint, next to Sunrise Mart, my go-to Japanese supermarket in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...