Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gentlemen of the Road

 I just finished "Gentlemen of the Road," by Michael Chabon last night.  I think Chabon is such an imaginative writer and I love his prose; "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" was a such a revelation when I read it, and a really fun book too.  Gentlemen of the Road was an enjoyable little adventure tale of two misfit friends traveling and battling together through what is now the Middle East.  Though the story is not complicated, it was a little bit of a challenging read; I'm not usually daunted by words but he definitely used some obscure vocabulary and geography.  It actually made the book more intriguing as I had to pay closer attention while reading it and use my imagination as well; usually I read really fast, but I had to slow down and really use my mind with this one.  Overall, a fun little book; definitely not as substantive as Chabon's other works, but entertaining.  I'm starting Swann's Way by Marcel Proust now; it's proving to also be a mentally intensive read, plus the font is really small and the book is really long, but I'm looking forward to getting engrossed in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...