Friday, May 14, 2010

Sibling Rivalry

This morning, I took Otis and Floyd for a nice long walk down Montana Avenue.  I was a little apprehensive as there are tons of other dogs on Montana, but luckily, the dog presence was rather sparse today.  Our first stop was the Montana library to drop off two books I just recently finished: "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera and "Feeding a Yen" by Calvin Trillin.  I did not really like the Unbearable Lightness of Being; it took me forever to finish and was just rather odd.  Maybe something got lost in translation for me, but I didn't really get it.  Feeding a Yen was ok; some interesting anecdotal stories, but overall not as good as Trillin's "The Tummy Trilogy" which I loved, not only for the descriptions of the food, but also for the charming relationship with his wife, Alice.  After the library, Otis and Floyd helped me pick out some clothes for a colleague's new baby boy at Janie and Jack's.  They have the cutest ensembles with great detailing; it's been my go to place for baby clothes for friends over the last few years.
I love the little embroidered crabs
Lunch at home today was slow scrambled eggs topped with a couple of farmer's market cherry tomatoes halved, a chiffonade of basil from my basil plant, and a little bit of goat cheese.  It was so good; the creamy eggs, with the sweet and just a little acidic tomatoes, tangy goat cheese, and the fresh basil was the perfect combination.  I ate the whole plate before I could take a picture.
Lately, Otis and Floyd have been involved in ferocious matches of tug-of-war with Toby's stuffed animals.  Floyd has really come out of his shell; when we first adopted him over six months ago, he was the most timid, sweet little dog and never showed any interest in playing with toys.  Now, due to his tenacity, he is often the winner at tug-of-war versus Otis, who has several pounds on Floyd.  No matter how heated their fights get, they are still inseparable at the end of the day and are the bestest of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...