Friday, May 21, 2010

Pizza in Progress

Not much to report on today; I have been occupied with mostly mundane activities such as cleaning the house and walking and washing the dogs.  I was originally going to make pizza for dinner tonight, but with a change in plans and pizza moved to tomorrow night, I decided it was a good opportunity switch it up from my usual pizza dough recipe and make some no-knead pizza dough since it takes up to 24 hours to be ready.  I also wanted to test out the 00 pizza flour from Caputo that I bought at Surfas on my last trip, to see if there was a noticeable difference in crust quality.  I used Jim Lahey of Sullivan Street Bakery and Co.'s recipe found here; the only change I made was instead of 3 cups of all purpose flour, I used 1.5 cups of 00 flour and 1.5 cup of all purpose flour (I was too timid to use all 00 flour in case the no knead recipe turned out to be a failure, since it was quite expensive at $9.50 for 3 pounds).  I loved the pizza crust at Co., it was chewy on the outside yet soft on the inside.  I also like this recipe because I don't like to knead; I just usually use the dough hook on my Kitchenaid stand mixer, which may overstretch the glutens too much.  This recipe is also nice because there are fewer items to clean, always a plus in my book!  I will be reporting back on how it tastes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...