Thursday, August 5, 2010

August Farmer's Market

At least 4 different kinds of eggplants: purple, white, red / white round, dark purple
With all the recent travel and general busy-ness, it's been a few weeks since I've been to the farmer's market, so I stopped by after Pop Physique to see what was in season and pick up some vegetables.  It's still the height of tomato and peach season, and I saw some neat varieties of peppers, eggplant and cantaloupe.  I bought some Japanese eggplant, peppers, salad greens and thai basil.  I'm thinking about making more thai curry with different vegetables.
Usually I think of cantaloupe as filler fruit, but we had some deliciously fragrant cantaloupe last week from the Korean market
That is some scary giant garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...