Monday, August 16, 2010

Verdict: Pizza Stone Must Have

Yesterday, I wanted to save time and bake two pizzas simultaneously so I baked one on the pizza stone on the bottom rack and one on a baking sheet.  Both pizzas were also on parchment paper; my dough is still so sticky that it otherwise would not be able to slide off of a pizza peel easily.  The differences were striking; the pizza stone pizza was perfectly crisp and slightly charred while the baking sheet pizza never really got to that crisp consistency and also tasted a little off; a combination of slightly stale and a little flour-y.  Now I know; either I have to have patience and bake the pizzas one at a time or buy another stone! Pizza details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...