Saturday, July 3, 2010

New Trader Joes Discovery

Whenever I go to Trader Joes, I head straight towards the sample station and get a little snack and a small cup of coffee to drink while I shop.  Occasionally, I find a new discovery that I really like, such as these rosemary, cranberries and pecans.
While they are a little expensive at $3.50 for a small 5 oz bag, they are really good; a little sweet from just a bit of sugar on the pecans, tart from the cranberries, and warmth from the rosemary.  It makes for a very good simple salad; tonight we just served it on top of some spinach leaves and a splash of balsamic vinaigrette and it was really good.  Sometimes you don't need a lot of ingredients for a satisfying salad.  After a long week, we kept it simple for dinner at home; just grilled up some thin pork chops with some bbq sauce to go along with the spinach salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...