Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lemonade

After a strange and rather dull yoga for athletes class at YAS (Yoga and Spinning) on Abbott Kinney, Jen, Dee Dee and I had lunch at Lemonade.  This was the second time I've been to Lemonade in the last two weeks (I went last week for the first time after Circuitworks, which I also was not a fan of).  Despite being a little expensive for lunch (~$12 pp), I really like Lemonade.  It's bright and cheery fast cafeteria-style place where you order from various servers behind a counter.  I really like the variety; they have so many interesting choices, it's hard to make a decision!  They have market sides which are assorted salads, pasta salads and vegetables:
Sandwiches and pot roasts which are stewed in a lovely rainbow of Le Creuset pots:
Lots of desserts and of course, a variety of interesting lemonade:
There's so much more on the menu that looks good that I can't wait to try, which is always a good sign of a place.  My thoughts so far on what I've tried:
  • Loved (would definitely order again): oxnard strawberries, arugula, blue cheese, balsamic; cauliflower, golden raisins, almonds, curry; chicken breast, butternut squash, grapes, oregano
  • Liked (but debating whether I would order it again):  curry chicken apple sandwich (I like Urth Caffe and Surfas Cafe's curried chicken sandwiches more); lobster, soba noodle, lebanese cucumber, sesame; butternut squash and pistachios
  • Meh: macaroni and cheese; spaghetti squash, farro, pomegranate vinaigrette; mini cupcakes (too dry)



Lemonade
1661 Abbot Kinney
Venice, CA
(310) 452-6200

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...