Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Perfect Summer Shoe

I got my pair first pair of Toms shoes yesterday! I've always been intrigued by Toms shoes, thanks mostly to their mission of giving a pair of shoes away to a child for every pair purchased, but never really liked their styles until I came across Toms wedges.  They came in a variety of colors including black, yellow, mint, red and white striped, and navy and white striped with most sizes selling out very quickly.  After much searching and calling around, I snagged the last pair of red and white striped Toms wedges in my normal size 7 online at Nordstroms.  I've been looking for a fun pair of casual summer shoes that aren't flip flops, which I pretty much wear everywhere, so these fit the bill perfectly.  I love them, they are nice and tall at 3.25 inches but very comfortable with just enough cushioning in the insole and the little elastic panel in the front ensures of comfortable fit in the front.  I don't wear heels very much anymore, but I've found the shoes to be very comfortable even after a day of running around.  At $69, I think that they are fairly reasonably priced; I'm tempted by their ash gray ones for fall.  They are just a tad big; I did read reviews suggesting to size down half a size for Toms shoes in general, but this was the only size available.  I think they'll be fine though; I can always put in some heel inserts if they really bother me.  I'm looking forward to pairing these shoes with cute summer outfits, from shorts to sundresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...